Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rach Knits or Confessions of a Newbie Knitter

It's a new blog...

I'm a new knitter...

Here we go...

Ok, I'm teaching myself to knit and I think I'm getting pretty good at it. I learned to crochet when I was a little girl. It was mostly the basic stitches. Nothing fancy was needed for scarves and pot holders. When I became pregnant I found myself stuck in the hospital doing non stress tests on my daughter. It's an hour or two of just laying there with a monitor on. More often than not the nurses didn't bother or couldn't find the remote for the tv. I had to bring my entertainment. As I had to lay back reading was difficult. So, I grabbed some crochet cotton I had on hand for a bear project. I started working out a patter that I liked. I thought I would make a blanket for my daughter but one of the colors was discontinued. I eventually came back to it for my friends baby blanket though.

As my daughter was born and she began to sleep at somewhat reasonable hours I found the need to create again. I needed to make something. Anything. I decided that knitting was the thing. It's something that I can put down at a moments notice and have minimal clean up.

I bought a book and looked at youtube for videos. So far so good. Now I've been doing the basics for a year now. I want to do something more. Now is the time to start learning some of the other stitches and make actual garments. This blog will be about how I learn to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment