This is the first pair of socks that I really paid attention to the construction of the sock. The goal was to follow a pattern. I followed the patterns pretty well that is until I got to the ribbing of the second sock.
It was lunchtime at work... I didn't have the first one with me.... I didn't have my notebook with me ...
The ribbing on the first sock (on the right) is a k1p1. The ribbing on the left is a k2p2. *Sigh*
For what it's worth I like the k2p2 better.
And then there is the elephant in my socks. The pooling for the second sock did not turn out quite so well as the first. I'll admit I'm a control freak when it comes to the colors. I started the second sock at the same point of the pattern or so I thought. But the pooling just didn't work out.
Nor did the heel. I had huge gaps at the end of the heel. I couldn't find a good way to fix it, so I decided to sew them up.But then I couldn't find good instructions on how to do that. It seems that on the internet only perfect short row heels can be created.
I'm not fond of the socks particularly but they are soft and warm. The little ridge at the heel turn from sewing it up is not big deal. I'm going to be wearing these around the house come fall. There is something to be said for soft and warm.
Wicca seems to like them.
All of my knitting must pass the harsh inspection from our Iron Lady. :)